Features and Benefits / Applications
EVERZIT® GS is used as the bottom filtration layer in dual media filters. Very high in density, it can be used in very fine grain sizes – i.e. down to 0.2 mm – in wide-ranging applications including:
- Ultra-fine particulate filtration
- Pre-filtration before activated carbon filters, ion exchangers or reverse osmosis units
- Shallow media layers, i.e. layers 200 - 400 mm in height
- Dual media filters, used in combination with EVERZIT® N
- Multi-media filters, used in combination with EVERZIT® N and quartz sand.
For optimum operation, we recommend use of a support layer of EVERZIT GS® in the grain size range 1.4 – 2.5 mm.